TalentEgg hosted a seminar at Ryerson University’s Ted Rogers School of Retail Management on Mar. 24 to give first-year retail management students the opportunity to interact with recruiting managers from some of Canada’s top retail employers.
Managers from Starbucks Coffee Canada, Enterprise and Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. entertained questions from retail management students (and TalentEgg followers on Twitter) about everything from how to stand out in online applications to the value of LinkedIn in obtaining a job.
This is just the first video from the event, with more to follow in the coming days and weeks featuring some amazing tips and advice, including:
- Learn how to coach and develop others
- Be flexible on the job
- Know how to deal with difficult situations and bring solutions to the table
- If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, get one: employers use the website to recruit
- Know the ins and outs of the company you want to work for (company branding, lingo, culture, etc.)
- Highlight any accomplishments (especially regarding your leadership qualities) at previous jobs, internships and co-ops
Visit TalentEgg.ca/retail for many more videos, articles and resources all about starting a meaningful career in the retail industry in Canada!
Leave a Reply